Non-release day orders.. Any chance of an earlier delivery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WolfSnap, Sep 13, 2014.

1. WolfSnap, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014

WolfSnap macrumors 6502a

WolfSnap

I ordered two t-mobile iPhone 6 Plus 128GB (Gold) within seconds of being able to access the Apple web store. Apparently, others were able to access the store before me (no idea how?), and the phones currently say it'll ship in 7-10 days, making delivery somewhere between Oct 1-Oct 6.

I recall when I purchased the iPhone 5 two years ago that I received a message that said, "We have some good news concerning your recent iPhone 5 purchase...". The message went on to say that they would ship my iPhone 5 so that I'd receive it on the release date.

So.... Anyone think that some phones might ship before October 1st?

2. cymolia macrumors 6502a

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, no chance

3. G4R2 macrumors 6502a

There's always a chance.

Probability is another matter.

4. Juicy D. Links macrumors 6502

same chance as Santa Claus and his reindeer showing up

5. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

I'm sure that there might be a very small chance, but I highly doubt many people will be getting there phone early. For the 5, mine was in my town for a day or two but Apple had requested that the deliveries be held until launch day. In fact, I have seen a couple of people that have posted screenshots of their tracking that they have already received that said that it had been requested for delivery on a future date or something like that. I think most FedEx's and UPS's are going to hold them so that they don't get into any trouble with Apple.

6. retroboomin macrumors regular

7. IlliniGuy76 macrumors regular

Here's an important question: There are going to be millions of people carrying around this new phone in the next 2-3 weeks. What does it really matter if you get it a week later?

8. WolfSnap thread starter macrumors 6502a

WolfSnap

No, not suggesting I'd get mine before 9/19.. Just want it on 9/19 vs 10/1.

9. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

My mistake. Didn't read that carefully. There's a chance that delayed orders will come early. I know they tend to like to under promise and over deliver. I hope they do get these orders filled faster than they are saying.

10. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Doubt it is delivered before Friday. ;)

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Every year a few packages manage to slip through and get delivered a day early, but that's not supposed to happen by default.

12. Ortiz7983 Suspended

http://youtu.be/JMp8aDH8d9M

13. terraphantm macrumors 68040

There is a chance. I got my iPhone 4 a day early years ago.

14. WolfSnap thread starter macrumors 6502a

WolfSnap

I think people were getting the wrong idea, so, I change the thread topic..

What I meant to ask is if your order is NOT being delivered on 9/19, what are the odds it would arrive sooner than the estimated arrival date (but, obviously, not before 9/19)?

15. mdlv macrumors member

I ordered a Verizon Gold 64 GB iPhone 6 from apple.com on 9/15 at 9:41 pm EST. I was given a delivery date of Oct 2- Oct 7.

Apple gave me a delivery date of 9/29 on 9/20 while UPS tracking has given me a delivery of this Friday 9/26.

16. shaunmed macrumors regular

your chances of earlier delivery are MUCH higher if you ordered from a carrier instead of apple who is aware of their inventory and has accurate delivery dates, the bastards.