"non removable" Battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by breathesrain, Feb 14, 2010.

1. breathesrain macrumors regular

When the unibody Macbook Pros came out, I remember hearing people make a big deal about the non user-serviceable battery, or whatever. But I was using an early 2009 15" model, and I noticed that the battery was quite easy to remove- just push a button on the bottom, pop out a panel, and there it is- not screwed in or anything. Seems removable enough to me- am I missing something? I mean, seems like it would be covered by warranty since replacing the hard drive is more difficult (it's screwed in), and from all I've heard that's covered.

2. neondrgns macrumors regular

neondrgns

what are you even talking about, this is the most illogical thing I have ever read, let this thread drop

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Your MBP isn't one of those with a non removable battery. Because they even have a latch to remove it.

The non removable models have no such thing. You need to take the casing apart to remove the battery.

4. 6-0 Prolene macrumors 6502

The mid-09 has a "non-removeable" battery--at least not from the outside. You can replace it, but you have to open the case to get at it.

5. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Well you can remove the battery but the thing people complain about is that the battery is under the aluminum plate so to switch the battery you would have to pop the plate off which would get cumbersome in certain environments for example on a plane.

6. breathesrain thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, my apologies for the confusion. For some reason I thought the unibody and non-removable battery went hand-in-hand.

Please feel free to ignore/delete this thread :)