Non-responsive 12" MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by speedbumpnv, Sep 15, 2016.

1. speedbumpnv macrumors 6502

I've got a non responsive 12" MacBook. With the removal of all moving parts and no indicator lights on the computer or the USB-C cable, I have no way of knowing if anything is happening.

I opened the computer and saw it was in the singe digests on power, so I went to plug it in when it went dark. I let it charge for a bit, but it never came back. I tried holding the power button and rebooting, nothing. I have also tried the SMC reset sequence, nothing.

The case is slightly warmer on the bottom side, center rear, about where the logic board is. This is the only thing I have to go off of at this point.

Support at all my local Apple Stores are booked though Monday. Any suggestion would be appreciated

Thanks!

2. carestudio macrumors 6502

what about keep holding on the power button?
    can you verify your apple type-c charger and cable are working?

3. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

what carestudio said, above. but if it's warm, it's on... does the caps light button light? try holding that power button until you hear it click off. then leave it off for a while.

you can just GO to the applestore; they'll make you wait, but you'll see someone eventually.

4. will0407 macrumors 6502a

My macbook was working fine one minute, closed it, opened it a few hours later and nothing. Tried everything, different cables, charges, resets etc but no response. Logic board was replaced under warranty. Odd how it can just 'go' like that

5. carestudio macrumors 6502

6. dnh44 macrumors newbie

Did you find out what the problem and hopefully solution were?