Non-responsive new 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bowlerman625, Oct 18, 2011.

1. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Anyone have their new 4S turn into a brick yet......

Mine did yesterday. Non-responsive totally and the back was very warm. I've also noticed the battery life is acting strange and the location in find my iPhone is blocks off; never was before.

I tried to see a Genius yesterday and they were booked solid. At least we got the iPhone started by plugging it into a MacBook there (I wasn't home and had not had a chance to try that before my Apple store visit). I have an appointment to see a Genius tonight. I'm going to ask for a new iPhone. Hopefully they hold some for this kind of thing.

2. jumal macrumors newbie

Same issue here. IPhone 4S two times non-responsive and running hot over the last 3 days. Had to do a hard reset by holding the lock and home buttons.

Apparently, a few people are reporting the same issue: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3402128?start=15&tstart=0

Please let us know the outcome of your Genius appointment.

3. bowlerman625 thread starter macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

The Genius checked the battery. Checked fine.
    Diagnostics all came back fine.

However he gave me the option to get a brand new phone, which I decided to do.

We'll see how this one is.

----------

The genius did ask me if I had restored from backup. I had not.

4. dragula53 macrumors regular

I had this problem (excessive battery consumption, phone lockups, poor response time) with one of the 5 iphones I activated/setup this weekend.

I did a factory reset and did not restore from icloud/automatically set up any accounts, and it cleared up my issue.

5. protobiont macrumors 6502a

My phone has gone dead twice. Hard resets fixed it both times.

I think it happened both times after pulling the (apple supplied) headphones out of the jack, while sliding the phone out of my pocket.

Hopefully it's a software issue.