Non-Responsive Online Retailer, Need Help Pls.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DarkNetworks, May 26, 2008.

1. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Hi, I've recently purchased a LCD TV online. This being my first time however, I wasn't aware that the retailer had a reputation of being non-responsive. The item did not arrive on the agreed date and after waiting for a further few days, the item still did not arrive and I wasn't contacted. I tried calling their Customer Service line but was put on queue almost every single time for about half an hour and still no one would pick the phone up. I had already tried calling them a few times but the result was still no answer from them. I tried emailing them and still I've not got any response from them. Could anyone suggest if there's anything that could be done, as I do not want to loose my money. I live in the UK and the retailer is UK based as well. Thanks in advance.

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Depending on how you paid for it, credit card and such, contact the bank, ect and stop payment. The seller if legit, will try to contact you. Settle up then, if you want, or walk away and order from someone else.

3. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

did you purchase with a credit card? dispute the charge

4. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

5. DarkNetworks thread starter macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

I bought it using Debit Card and it has been charged the day after I placed the order. According to the site, they will not charge the card until the order has went through, so i was pretty surprise. The website was dealsmashers.com. Will my bank be able to do anything for me? I paid by debit card and not credit card.

6. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

who is the backer of your debit card? mine is mastercard and they offer the same insurance as credit cards do. but not all are like that. you should definitely call your bank about this.

7. DarkNetworks thread starter macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

I'm with Natwest, Solo. As this was my first purchase, I didn't want to use my Credit Card online. I guess I was wrong.

8. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

9. DarkNetworks thread starter macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

I will ring my bank tmrw. Is there anything I could do if the payment has gone through?