non-responsive strips

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pkoch1, Oct 3, 2007.

1. pkoch1 macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

Hey just a quick question. The bottom strip of my iPhone (the slider bar, and the app buttons on the bottom) does not respond to my touch at all. Anyone else come across this? I'm tried turning my phone off and on, hard resetting, restoring, and putting it into recovery mode.

If i bring my phone to the Apple store tomorrow, and I have to get it repaired, will they give me a loaner iPhone until i get it back or will I be phoneless for a few days? If I have to get a new one will I get a refurb or a new phone?

Thanks!

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you can opt for a loaner iphone for $29. alternatively, if you have a spare phone, you can put your sim card in that and use this other phone until your iphone gets serviced. you can read more about the loaner program from apple's support faq page here.

regarding your second question, i've read threads about people getting both refurb and new phones as replacements, so i don't know what's going to happen with yours. but as long as it's working, does it really matter?

3. pkoch1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

Nope, really doesn't matter. I was just curious. Thanks!

4. pkoch1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

i brought it in, and they gave me a brand new phone on the spot. :)

5. aristobrat macrumors G5

That's very cool! :) I had two iPhones that had the same problem and I had to ship them both in for 'repair' (and they both came back as different phones).

6. pkoch1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

Well now iTunes won't authorize it! Good thing I love my iPhone or else I might be upset, haha. Its technology. It wont be perfect! Not many people seem to understand that.