non-responsive track pad and keyboard upon startup for unibody 15" MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HJM, May 12, 2009.

1. HJM macrumors newbie

Hi,

has anyone else experienced a non-responsive trackpad and keyboard upon startup with a new unibody Macbook Pro?

I have to plug in an external mouse to get a the arrow moving, so I'm sure it's not a software issue.....

I've read about these issues occurring on earlier MBP models due to an exposed connection in contact with a the battery pack but I appear to be getting the same problem even with the new design uMBP.

I had also installed the patch upgrade for the new trackpad when it was released late last year.

This problem is really p*ssing me off, and I thought it was a thing of the past with the new unibody design. Can someone enlighten me?

2. HJM thread starter macrumors newbie

3. HJM thread starter macrumors newbie

Surely someone has some sort of advice out there........at all?

A bit surprising considering there are some pretty silly threads on the forum that seem to be getting more replies than this question!

4. edblor macrumors regular

I hear ya. Especially when threads get hijacked and no longer resemble the initial OP question/concern:rolleyes:

Have you checked that connection in the battery compartment? Perhaps you could pop the kb off and see if the cable is firmly connected.

G/L!

5. ubestbsteppin macrumors regular

I've had this happen before on a uMBP 15. I think it results from having my external mouse and KB plugged in, sleeping the mac, unplugging the KB and mouse, then waking it up. Anything similar in your case?

6. mmoosa macrumors 6502

mmoosa

same problem here! I have no idea whats causing it. its only 2 weeks old as well. Poor QC on apples part. It happens when i stop using the mouse or kb for a minute or so, just freezes but plugging in an external still moves the pointer. hmmmm? anyone?

7. Bronzit macrumors newbie

Bronzit

Sounds like it went Kaflooey during shipment?

I'd suggest that you take full advantage of your warranty. The easiest way to do this is to visit an Apple Store Genius Bar. This sounds like an internal connector problem, for sure. I've seen no break down on self-repair of these yet as they are too new & warranted. Don't forget to take your Proof of Purchase with you!

8. youssefm macrumors 6502

I suggest you get that checked out, as it could be either hardware or software. Try reinstalling OSX first, and see if that fixes the problem, if it doesn't then go to the apple store, or call applecare

9. mmoosa macrumors 6502

mmoosa

Called AppleCare and resetting PRAM and permissions seems to have sorted out the problem!:D hope i'm not speaking too soon.