non retina apps

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jian, Mar 15, 2012.

1. jian macrumors regular

So I have this question that's kinda worries me a little bit.
    I know most of the iPhone apps are now retina display friendly, and most of them has their iPad version too.
    BUT there are still a small portion of apps that are not converted to retina display yet and looks awful when you use it in full screen mode on an iPad.
    Will those extremely outdated app look even WORSE on the new ipad?

This doesn't really affect me, since I only use iPad apps on iPad and rarely use any non-retina apps on iPhone 4/4S..but I'm just curious...

2. nickn macrumors 6502

I was wondering the same. Anyone know? Is Apple still being stupid by making even 960x640 compiled iPhone apps run as 480X360 on the new iPad?

3. Sonisk macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I surely don't hope so :/

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Probably. Apple has a history of making stupid decisions like this. :rolleyes:

5. jreuschl macrumors 6502

iPhone apps looked much better when you use the jailbreak app the doubles their size.. Why did Apple never apply this by default!?

6. nickn macrumors 6502

Probably to entice developers to create dedicated versions of their apps for the iPad. The developers then make more sales, and Apple gets more money.

7. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

oh great cant wait to see my blurry facebook later today when i get my ipad :rolleyes: its already bad enough being slow and buggy.

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The website, however, will look nice.