Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

northernmunky

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2007
London, Taipei
Hi,
Being slightly fed up with inkjet printers containing ridiculously little ink and chips that claim the cartridge is empty when it isn't (we all know the story). Can anyone recommend a good colour inkjet printer for photography use that they swear by?

Currently have an Epson R285 I'm looking to replace.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Hi,
Being slightly fed up with inkjet printers containing ridiculously little ink and chips that claim the cartridge is empty when it isn't (we all know the story). Can anyone recommend a good colour inkjet printer for photography use that they swear by?

Currently have an Epson R285 I'm looking to replace.

Why not have a look through here?
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1640587/

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK

northernmunky

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2007
London, Taipei
The Print Space in London.

You know what, thats probably the best suggestion! Likely cheaper than even buying refillables that has less that 4ml of ink and and is fixed by the chip to stop working even if its still half full!

Going to buy a laser for my day to day :)

steveash

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
UK
You know what, thats probably the best suggestion! Likely cheaper than even buying refillables that has less that 4ml of ink and and is fixed by the chip to stop working even if its still half full!

Going to buy a laser for my day to day :)

That's the conclusion I came to. Sending my printing out not only saves money but means I don't have to compromise on size or stress about running out of ink half way through an A3 print... The Print Space can send you a sample pack of papers to choose from. I generally prefer the C-type prints as they feel more natural/analogue like a traditional photo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.