Non-Sport Straps on Apple Watch Sport

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by qwertytouch, Apr 26, 2015.

1. qwertytouch macrumors newbie

Hey!

I went to a try-on appointment last week and the sales associate told me that Apple Watch straps (e.g. leather loop, milanese loop, etc.) would not work with Apple Watch Sport models. This isn't true, is it?

Also, if you've mixed and matched, post your photos below!

2. Subdiv, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  3. mitch3910 macrumors newbie

Not true at all. The bands are completely interchangeable. I tried both the leather loop and milanese loop on a sport model during my try on.

4. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Not true. The only bad thing is the stainless metal won't match aluminum. But the leather loop hides that so it'll be okay.

5. applewatch-.- macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me! Why would they tell us this when it could make them more money?

6. Subdiv, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  7. jzouvar macrumors member

Why would you even want non-sport bands on the sport? They just look plain awful and tacky

8. DuckSoupe macrumors newbie

I was also told this at my try on appointment on 4/10. I can't remember the exact wording or what he said, I was too focused on the watch, but he did say that they (Apple) aren't recommending anything on the Sport model other then the sport bands. He also added the caveat, if you are going to use one of the other bands, it's possible, just buy Apple Care too...

This is something I've been thinking about. I have a space grey Sport that should be delivered this week, and a SS Milanese set to ship at the end of the month. A definitive conclusion on bands will determine which model I keep.

9. LiemTa macrumors regular

True. Apple rep let me swap bands during try on. Watch bands with the steel insert look ridiculously bad and completely conspicuous against the aluminum.

10. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

Because there are many people who figure they can spend $399 on a watch and grab a Milanese band for $150 and save $150.

11. bulbousnub macrumors 6502

The leather loops are the only ones I would consider using on the sport. Mayyyybe the Milanese loop but probably not.

12. F-Train macrumors member