Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J.C

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
Wondering if everyone is getting the same bug as me.

In iOS you can select various different vibrate patterns, including custom ones that you create. You can change the default vibrate pattern as well as assigning divers t patterns on a per-user basis.

In all versions of iOS 9 that I've used (I think I've tried them all) I've found that no matter what setting is assigned to a contact, the standard setting is always used. The standard vibrate setting can be successfully changed and all will work just fine. But using a non-standard setting for any contact will always use the standard vibrate.

Is this the same for everyone? There's no fix or work-around? I have reported it.

FYI I'm currently using a 6S Plus and iOS 9..1 Public Beta 4, but I've tested it on a few older phones and all iOS 9 versions.

Thanks, guys!

J.C

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
On a side note, I don't really understand what the (synchronised) thing with the 6S series is all about. I would love to be edumacated on that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.