Non sticky screen protector

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by laserfox, Jul 6, 2008.

1. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

Hey guys,
    I am looking around to replace my speck case(see through hard shell). I loved the case! It was thin enough, the color was great and most importantly it came with a holster and a non sticky screen protector!

I tried other protectors and it was all money wasted because of air bubbles or dust particles trapped beneath the film. It was very frustrating to apply. The speck cover was simply a matter of putting it on top the screen then putting on the case.

My only complaint with the speck case is that it scratches so easily. My ipod touch is scratch free and in pristine condition yet in the case it looks like it was dragged through through hell. Plus I lost the lovely holster which allowed me to free up my pocket and clip my ipod to my belt. Hence I am looking for a new case preferably with non sticky screen guard.

So far my choices are
    1. case-mate naked case or ivyskin touch through. I have heard problems about air bubbles between the case and screen but the idea of this case is so cool!

2. Griffin iClear -- the wrong screen protector though. I dont want to apply anything too carefully. My think hands won't allow it!

3. Getting a new speck case again--though I'm sure it'll be covered in scratches again.

I am avoiding anything permanent like invisible shield since I have the apple care warranty and would hate to be unable to return my ipod touch.

So guys any recommendations? Any scratch resistant cases with non sticky screen protectors. Can I buy the screen protector separately. I prefer to buy in a store, but if you guys reccommend something good online I'll bite.

2. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Apparently the IS is removable with no residue and you get a free replacement when you take it off. I haven't used them, though.

3. Eärendil Guest

I would recommend Power Support's silicone jacket.

Available in white. black and transparent.

uhm it includes two crystal screen protectors, one for the front and one for the back. (they make the very popular anti -glare film set).

High quality finish, looks like the incase slider, and includes a dock connector cover. (it wont scratch your ipod like the incase).

4. David G. macrumors 65816

If your biggest complaint with the invisible shield is that it is permanent then you have nothing to worry about. It will come off. I have one for the front and back and it works great.

5. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

I am very fond of the Power Support antiglare film. It works by static cling, not glue, and holds up very well.

6. sgtboy macrumors 6502

i have to agree with JeffTL, I love it and i have taken it off before and it was easy to reapply and didn't leave any crap on my screen

7. jrnewhouse macrumors member

jrnewhouse

Another vote for Power Support. I use the Crystal Film Set, and I am very happy with it.

8. avigalante macrumors 6502

avigalante

Power Support is by far one of the best screen protectors I've ever used; period.

I went with the 'anti-glare' version for my iPhone and it's been terrific.

9. laserfox thread starter macrumors 6502

laserfox

Thank you guys for your input! I bought the iskin touch case today at virgin records. I chose silicone so it doesn't scratch and it also come with an anti glare screen protector. However, the bloody screen protector is exactly the size of the screen and not the ipod! Dust will obviously get under the silicone! So after your positive reviews of the Power Support antiglare film, I'm going to check it out!

My next mission: HEADPHONES.
    Oh my I am tired of buying them I've been through sooo many!
    What do you guys recommend!

10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i just got a static screen protector for the psp. works great

11. David G. macrumors 65816

My Etymotic er-6i headphones serve me well. Though one thing I do suggest is that you specify what style of headphones you're going after eg: over the ear, sport style, in ear, etc.

12. laserfox thread starter macrumors 6502

laserfox

I like in the ear headphones. My most recent pair were the skull candy,i tried about 3 pairs of those each time, the wiring shorted.

I prefer regular headphones not the ones that wrap around the neck and I would rather if the wiring were made with rope like material and not thin rubber.