Non-upgrade installing again snow leopard help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macbookuser87, Mar 5, 2010.

1. macbookuser87 macrumors newbie

Hi,

This is kinda urgent. Any quick suggestions appreciated.

I messed up with something in my mac while trying to free up some space deleting files of programs like garageband n stuffs. I accidentally deleted language file i use. So i need to install again.

I have program cd of msword. But i do not have those of Papers and clean app. How can i get them back after installing snow leopard again. Or, how i can locate their serial key in my macbook? Or is it enough to save their .plist files?

Thanks

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Just run an archive & install and select preserve users and network settings. None of your third-party applications will be touched.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can just use the installation DVD to make a normal installation without deleting anything, if you have 10.6.

After the installation is finished, everything should be normal again (language files) and you can continue using your Mac with all the applications that were installed already before you had to reinstall.

I don't know what applications you mean by "Paper and clean app", but they can be either downloaded again or you use the medium you used to install them from. The serial number issue should be no problem, as you can contact the developer of whatever software you talk about and they will send you the serial again if you can prove the legal purchase.

And don't just go around deleting anything without checking first what it is you delete.

Use MRoogle to find many threads about how to delete non-critical system files like GaragBand support files.

4. macbookuser87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i do have installation cd that i purchased some months before for the upgrade.

Papers is a program for maintaining my reference library, and clean app is a cleaner app for mac. I ll contact the developer and lets see...

I ll b careful next time...you know do n learn...or mess up n learn.. ;)

Thanks...

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

There's no need to contact the developer in order to get your fresh install working. You won't need to reinstall or even to re-register any other apps you've installed.