non-wireless magic trackpad?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by vido, Jun 20, 2011.

1. vido macrumors newbie

I've been searching around for a non-wireless magic trackpad or similar (using usb instead of wire-less technology), and found nothing. I'd most like an external keyboard that includes a magic trackpad. It needs to be non-wireless though.

The reasons are:
    1. I'm starting to get problems using the keyboard/trackpad on my macbook pro (strange tingeling/numbing sensations)

2. I've got an additional monitor and will want to use that as my main monitor

Isn't it strange that a combination-product with the magic trackpad and keyboard already exists from Apple? Or that the magic trackpad is not sold as a non-wireless option? There must be a pretty big market for these products..

Any suggestions?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

The only magic trackpad available is wireless. You can get a wired keyboard, but not trackpad.

3. vido thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the fast reply - strangely no real competition to the trackpad out there yet!

4. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

I seem to think somebody modded theirs to work off usb.Probably wouldn't be too difficult.

5. stefmesman macrumors 6502

i have to say that if battery life is your issue, dont worry ive got my magic trackpad since february, been using it almost full time and its still on 50%.

6. claimed4all macrumors 6502

I have seen it, but I believe the modification was for power only, it still used Bluetooth to talk.