None of my installed apps showing up in Mac App Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macjoshua, Mar 24, 2011.

1. macjoshua macrumors 6502

None of the apps I have on my computer are showing up in the Mac App store. Not iLife, not iWork, not Transmit. The only ones that show up as installed are the ones I downloaded from the App Store.

Any ideas how to remedy this problem? I transferred all the apps over from my old Time Machine backup to my new MBP... maybe something got screwed up in the transfer?

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Really only iLife and iWork should show up; few other apps will show unless purchased through the AppStore because there is a different registration scheme involved.

3. macjoshua thread starter macrumors 6502

iLife, iWork, and Transmit used to all show up as installed, but not anymore. :confused:

4. soromak macrumors newbie

I can confirm that I got the same problem. iLife11, iWork and Aperture installed from physical media were properly recognized as installed but not anymore.

5. macjoshua thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe it's just a bug. I wonder if there's a way to force the App Store app to search for programs installed on the computer.

6. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

For me the iLife Apps use to show installed. I have them installed via a DMG. Now they no longer say installed. This also goes for Aperture as well.

7. macjoshua thread starter macrumors 6502

I wonder if it happened with the 10.6.7 update

8. damson34 macrumors 6502

All you need to do is copy the Receipt from a Mac App Store downloaded item to the item not showing as installed.

Right click on the application and go to show package contents. In the folder, contents, there is a folder called _MASReciept. Just copy that to the application not showing as installed. Restart the App Store and it should be shown as installed.

9. KirkL macrumors 6502

Why does it matter if it shows up as installed or not :confused:

10. EnjoyRC macrumors newbie

Becuase it also triggers App Store Updates.

11. KirkL macrumors 6502

That's weird. I see "Things" as being Installed but the updates are through the App not through the MAS. I thought this is how all apps not downloaded from the App Store were treated like.

12. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

No it doesn't. If you didn't purchase it through the App Store, you won't get updates through the App Store. Even if it shows as purchased from the app page.

jW

13. ufkdo macrumors 6502

yeah, it is about v10.6.7

14. EnjoyRC macrumors newbie

Ahhh.. thanx. But a few weeks ago when I browsed the app store, the apps that were preinstalled on my MacBook Pro were indicated as [Installed]. Now they have the prices displayed like I could buy um again.