Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
Nashville, TN
None of the apps I have on my computer are showing up in the Mac App store. Not iLife, not iWork, not Transmit. The only ones that show up as installed are the ones I downloaded from the App Store.

Any ideas how to remedy this problem? I transferred all the apps over from my old Time Machine backup to my new MBP... maybe something got screwed up in the transfer?

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
None of the apps I have on my computer are showing up in the Mac App store. Not iLife, not iWork, not Transmit. The only ones that show up as installed are the ones I downloaded from the App Store.

Any ideas how to remedy this problem? I transferred all the apps over from my old Time Machine backup to my new MBP... maybe something got screwed up in the transfer?

Really only iLife and iWork should show up; few other apps will show unless purchased through the AppStore because there is a different registration scheme involved.

soromak

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2010
iLife, iWork, and Transmit used to all show up as installed, but not anymore. :confused:

I can confirm that I got the same problem. iLife11, iWork and Aperture installed from physical media were properly recognized as installed but not anymore.

macjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
Nashville, TN
I can confirm that I got the same problem. iLife11, iWork and Aperture installed from physical media were properly recognized as installed but not anymore.

Maybe it's just a bug. I wonder if there's a way to force the App Store app to search for programs installed on the computer.

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
For me the iLife Apps use to show installed. I have them installed via a DMG. Now they no longer say installed. This also goes for Aperture as well.

derekamoss

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
Houston, TX

All you need to do is copy the Receipt from a Mac App Store downloaded item to the item not showing as installed.

Right click on the application and go to show package contents. In the folder, contents, there is a folder called _MASReciept. Just copy that to the application not showing as installed. Restart the App Store and it should be shown as installed.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Becuase it also triggers App Store Updates.

No it doesn't. If you didn't purchase it through the App Store, you won't get updates through the App Store. Even if it shows as purchased from the app page.

jW

EnjoyRC

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2011
No it doesn't. If you didn't purchase it through the App Store, you won't get updates through the App Store. Even if it shows as purchased from the app page.

jW

Ahhh.. thanx. But a few weeks ago when I browsed the app store, the apps that were preinstalled on my MacBook Pro were indicated as [Installed]. Now they have the prices displayed like I could buy um again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.