[Noob] Customize App

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by iRyann, Dec 17, 2008.

1. iRyann macrumors regular

iRyann

So i was on my friends 1G Touch today; and he has it jailbroken. Fair enough, i like the theme he had etc. I was wondering if the App Customize would be accessible without Jailbreaking as i am getting a 2G touch for Xmas. I've done my fair bit of Research on the iPT as i have wanted one for nigh on 6 months.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Nope. Only way to customize the iphone/touch in any way is to jailbreak them. If you're getting a 2nd gen touch, you are out of luck. Sorry.

3. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

If your really that interested in jailbreaking I would consider a 1st gen.

4. iRyann thread starter macrumors regular

iRyann

I'm not that interested in Jailbreaking itself but i do like modding my equipment. I love the different backgrounds available but i wouldn't mess around with my Touch seeing as i've waited for like 6 months for it lol.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

firstly customize hasn't worked since 2.0 update came out and the creator went AWOL in august.

secondly you cannot customize the iPod 2nd gen cause u have to jailbreak to apply themes and if you have done your reading up there is NO jailbreak for 2nd gen iPod

6. iRyann thread starter macrumors regular

iRyann

I know i cannot JAILBREAK the 2G but was wondering if Customize worked. Obviously it doesn't so thanks for the help.

7. Link2999 macrumors 6502

Is there any alternative to customize? I want to change the number of apps on each page to 3 instead of 4 and make them a little bigger.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

ANY changes to Apple's default interface requires jailbreak. This is because Apple doesn't allow app store apps to make system-wide changes (and changing the size and number of icons would be a system-wide change), so in order to access the files that allow you to make such changes, you need to jailbreak.