Noob-est IT uh-ohs!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by n8236, Jul 19, 2011.

1. n8236 macrumors 65816

I've been in the IT industry for about 5 years and till this day I work with brilliant IT persons that can't distinguish forward and backward slashes!

Why!!! LOL

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

When at my old school we weren't allowed to download any applications of use flash drives(despite the entire network being made up of modern Macs) because the whole network might get a virus.

3. DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

When I first got my MacBook I didn't know how to copy&paste...

So I called Apple for help.

Facepalm?

4. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

The AppleCare Representative should of acted just as clueless as you about the subject. That would have been fantastic.

5. DollFaceDork, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

He was a little like that...

I think it was more disbelief that anyone could be so dense.

6. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

That's great. (I can't think of anything else to write, so I probably shouldn't post anything at all, but I'm going to regardless of how I feel.)

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That reminds me about the time I went to Penn State Main Campus on a tour. The tour was being headed by the dean of IST. We walked past a room full of aluminum iMacs. He said "This is our Mac lab. We are very proud to have it. The other is located across campus." I then noticed they where all running Windows 7 via Boot Camp. I said "Why are they all running Windows?" His reply "Because Macs don't get viruses." I have yet to find out how he became head of the IST College at PSU.

8. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

sadly your question is more than likely not the dumbest they heard. I have a cousin who worked in IT helped and he has some pretty good stories of phone calls. Copy paste, can not get to the internet ect

9. Daffodil macrumors 6502

Daffodil

Haha, these are both pretty great. Although like rodimus says, I'm sure the bar is pretty low for these things, to the chagrin of IT workers everywhere.