Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PandaFi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
I just bought a new macbook. Do i need an external mouse/keyboard to set it up? Or how do I set up the touchpad/keyboard because they are not detected. I'm so confused! Can someone please guide me!!! Please!

PandaFi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
Yeah - I turned it on! I'm a noob - not stupid!! It came up with an image that implied i needed to put batteries in a mouse. with an external mouse i could continue and choose my language, but then it did not detect my keyboard and i was stuck!

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
Yeah - I turned it on! I'm a noob - not stupid!! It came up with an image that implied i needed to put batteries in a mouse. with an external mouse i could continue and choose my language, but then it did not detect my keyboard and i was stuck!

well thats a problem then...

ive never even heard of the image you described. wanna post a pic for us??

PandaFi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
I don't have the means to do that - i can't print screen and don't have a camera. if i find a way i'll let you know.

Winter Charm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2008
i believe the number your after is 99.7%

yeah, but it still sucks - and some advice - take it back and get a refund - wait for teh september update to finish so that you can get teh new macbooks that are rumored to be coming out then.:D

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
hey you never know.....

most times the problem lies between the chair and the keyboard and not the machine itself

i read somewhere that most returned items (around %85) aren't actually faulty, its just that people didn't read that manual and know how to use it.

(not that this is whats happening here...)

PandaFi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
Actually!!! I took it back and the tech guys couldn't work it out either! I know my way around computers - I've just never used a mac before - so i guessed they had to have some magical f***ing button that makes them so awesome! not!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.