Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ronny3GS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2013
Hello, i just bought my first iDevice 2days ago and i was pretty scammed. It is a 16GB Iphone 3GS with old Bootrom, locked on Orange France. I bought it as"neverlock" with version 5.1.1. I wanted to clear al the useless things that first owner had on the device so i made the mistake to Restore my iphone. Now it tells me that he needs Activation, having 6.1.3 version.
I found a guide called: "6.1.3 unthethered jailbreak/unlock done 100% successful (old bootrom)" on google... (i dont know if i should post link here) and i tryed to use it. In it was written that i have to restore my iphone to 4.1 (because i am having 6.1.3) with snowbreeze, firstly and then i started to follow the tutorial, i downloaded a 4.1 ios ispw, then inserted it into snowbreeze which created me a customized file on desktop, then i entered the phone into Pwned DFU and i SHIFT+CLICKED Restore in iTunes then i got an unexpected error, error 20 and my iphone was blocked in Recovery mode so I had to restore it again to 6.1.3 to turn it on. I am really puzzled with this iPhone, if you can help me i'll be really grateful! Thank you in advance.

P.S1. I read a lost of topics and tips, but everybody has pretty different problems than me, most of them i saw they were having new BR, i am having OldBR (iDetector and redsn0w told me this). Also i will be really grateful if you can tell me the exactly steps which i have to pass to gain a 5.1.1 or 6.1.3 untethered jailbreaked unlocked iPhone.
P.S2. I am really sorry for my bad english.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hello, i just bought my first iDevice 2days ago and i was pretty scammed. It is a 16GB Iphone 3GS with old Bootrom, locked on Orange France. I bought it as"neverlock" with version 5.1.1. I wanted to clear al the useless things that first owner had on the device so i made the mistake to Restore my iphone. Now it tells me that he needs Activation, having 6.1.3 version.
I found a guide called: "6.1.3 unthethered jailbreak/unlock done 100% successful (old bootrom)" on google... (i dont know if i should post link here) and i tryed to use it. In it was written that i have to restore my iphone to 4.1 (because i am having 6.1.3) with snowbreeze, firstly and then i started to follow the tutorial, i downloaded a 4.1 ios ispw, then inserted it into snowbreeze which created me a customized file on desktop, then i entered the phone into Pwned DFU and i SHIFT+CLICKED Restore in iTunes then i got an unexpected error, error 20 and my iphone was blocked in Recovery mode so I had to restore it again to 6.1.3 to turn it on. I am really puzzled with this iPhone, if you can help me i'll be really grateful! Thank you in advance.

P.S1. I read a lost of topics and tips, but everybody has pretty different problems than me, most of them i saw they were having new BR, i am having OldBR (iDetector and redsn0w told me this). Also i will be really grateful if you can tell me the exactly steps which i have to pass to gain a 5.1.1 or 6.1.3 untethered jailbreaked unlocked iPhone.
P.S2. I am really sorry for my bad english.

can you download tinyumbrella and check if you have iOS 5.1.1 shsh blobs?

Regardless, restore to iOS 6.1.3 (with a clean ipsw) and just jailbreak with redsn0w. I believe it has hacktivation built into the program

If not, then you will have to make a custom ipsw using sn0wbreeze that includes hacktivation

once jailbroken, you can go into cydia and install ultrasn0w (make sure it's one of the compatible baseband!) and your phone should be unlocked

use redsn0w to jailbreak iOS 6.1.3
use absinthe v2.0.4 to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1

Ronny3GS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2013
don't know why, but tinyumbrella don't work on my pcu, but i dont think shsh blobs are needed because i have Old Bootrom. I checked with Device Manager , with iDetector and redsn0w .

So, my iphone config is:
baseband modem firmware: 05.16.08
Version: 6.1.3
Jailbreaked with redsn0w 0.9.15b3
Phone is locked in Orange France.
Old Bootrom.

I can't use ultrasn0w because is not compatible with 05.16.080 baseband.
Do you have any ideas what i should do? If you do, please explain me what to do step by step, like you teach an old man how to use Facebook on Android, please be very clear.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
don't know why, but tinyumbrella don't work on my pcu, but i dont think shsh blobs are needed because i have Old Bootrom. I checked with Device Manager , with iDetector and redsn0w .

So, my iphone config is:
baseband modem firmware: 05.16.08
Version: 6.1.3
Jailbreaked with redsn0w 0.9.15b3
Phone is locked in Orange France.
Old Bootrom.

I can't use ultrasn0w because is not compatible with 05.16.080 baseband.
Do you have any ideas what i should do? If you do, please explain me what to do step by step, like you teach an old man how to use Facebook on Android, please be very clear.

old bootrom is only for untethered jailbreak
shsh blobs are still required for restoring to unsigned firmware

upgrade to the ipad baseband using redsn0w (via the jailbreak option, uncheck install cydia as you already have that installed) and then downgrade to the 5.13.xx baseband once you're on the ipad baseband, this will allow you to unlock the device using ultrasn0w. It might take a few tries before you downgrade from the ipad baseband

your device should be fine to be flashed to the ipad baseband (6.15.00) as it's before week 35 of 2011

Ronny3GS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2013
Machine Model: iPhone2,1
Name: iPhone 3GS
ModelCode: iphone_3gs
Family name: A1303
Model Number: MB715
Group1: iPhone
Group2:
Generation: 3
CPU speed: 600MHz
Screen size: 3.5 inch
Screen resolution: 480x320 pixels
Colour: Black
Production year: 2009
Production week: 36 (September)
Production number: 15136 (within this week)
Model introduced: 2009
Capacity: 16GB
Factory: 83 (China)

its 36 - 2009, so i am going to install ipad baseband! :)

Ronny3GS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2013
old bootrom is only for untethered jailbreak
shsh blobs are still required for restoring to unsigned firmware

upgrade to the ipad baseband using redsn0w (via the jailbreak option, uncheck install cydia as you already have that installed) and then downgrade to the 5.13.xx baseband once you're on the ipad baseband, this will allow you to unlock the device using ultrasn0w. It might take a few tries before you downgrade from the ipad baseband

your device should be fine to be flashed to the ipad baseband (6.15.00) as it's before week 35 of 2011

Oh boy, it WORKED! And its really cool that i am having 6.1.3 jailbreaked untheathered device! :D Thanks a lot. I have one more question:
Do you know why when i try to send a sms(mesage) to some persons from the same Operator (Mobile Provider) mesages are not delivered, but i have enough credit to send them? Happens just to a few person, because to others i can send without any problem.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Oh boy, it WORKED! And its really cool that i am having 6.1.3 jailbreaked untheathered device! :D Thanks a lot. I have one more question:
Do you know why when i try to send a sms(mesage) to some persons from the same Operator (Mobile Provider) mesages are not delivered, but i have enough credit to send them? Happens just to a few person, because to others i can send without any problem.

you are on the 5.13.xx baseband, right? no problem, glad to help!

not too sure about the messaging problem, might be carrier related

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.