Noob Keynote Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by psychotropic, Aug 21, 2008.

1. psychotropic macrumors regular

Hi everyone, I am new to mac and the software. I am currently attempting to make a keynote presentation for a lab that I teach. I, for the life of me can't figure out how to do text transitions. In powerpoint you can highlight the text that you want, and give it motion onto the screen. This way the first point you want to discuss is all that appears on the slide, as you go to the next point on the same slide you hit the space bar and it appears, so on and so fourth. I can't figure out how to do this with keynote, assuming it is possible. Please help, I have searched the forum (briefly), and searched the internet for way to long.

Thanks in advance,

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

To put the order of transitions, just go to the inspector, click the build inspector, and choose more options. there you can drag to order the transitions.

3. psychotropic thread starter macrumors regular

Im a noob!

Ok, I figured out how to make it so that the text comes in at different times. I didn't know I had to set the bullets to come in separately. My next question is, is it possible to have the first line come in with one transition and then the second line come in with a different one? Every time I try to set the second line to something different, it changes all of them.

thanks for your help snow leopard

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I don't think so... the transitions go with the text box, so if you wanted multiple lines in one text box, you'd have to split them into different text boxes. so if I had bullet points in the body text box, i cant make each bullet a different transition.

5. psychotropic thread starter macrumors regular