noob mac gamer here...

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by muymal, Mar 30, 2008.

1. muymal macrumors member

i have never bought a game for mac before and this is going to sound like a really dumb question. i googled where to buy aspyr game and couldn't find any link....

i m planning on getting call of duty 2, would they sell the mac version at walmart or places like ebgames? or do i have to order online?

also, is there anyway to use a controller on a mac instead of mouse and keypad?

thnx for answering!

2. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Apple stores or online are generally the places to get Mac games.

It depends on the game. For Call of Duty 2, it would be a bad idea even if it's supported. Gamepads + FPS = terrible.

--Eric

3. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

with cod 2 still $50, I would suggest waiting two months for cod 4. If your system can run it that is. You will have to get all your apple games online or from a apple store or apple selling store such as best buy, etc.:apple:

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

yah, we're pretty much setup to get our games at selected places. Online is usually the best.

On the other hand, not having them so available at local stores, actually works pretty good in that we most of the time don't pay taxes for our software.

Some places to get games locally (if the stores are in your area or even have Apple software)

Frys
    Best Buy (select stores)
    Apple Store
    Microcenter

5. munson macrumors 6502

munson

6. muymal thread starter macrumors member

thnx for all the replies. guess i will just have to drive down to best buy and hope for the best since that's the only apple carrying store around here. i can't order online since i don't have my own credit card yet :(. isn't cod2 20$? or is that only the pc version?

going to get cod4 when it comes out too but i just want something to play for now

thnx fo the link

edit- just checked the price, it is 50$, guess i should just get orange box and check out crossover instead, i thought it was 20$ :rolleyes:

7. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

mac games are generally a lot more expensive than their pc counterparts, but I highly recommend the orange box and crossover combo