Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

romanof

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2020
Texas
A question from a Mac person who seldom has done music, for a friend who is a crack musician but can barely boot a lightbulb. Why he has Logic Pro on his MBP and how he got it I have no idea, but it is there so...

Will Logic Pro capture music from a stream through Safari? They want to capture a session from a recording studio, but one that is two states away. Looking at the actual software, I gave up. That is one BIG and complicated package. Makes Audacity look like a Sony Walkman.

My immediate comment after about ten seconds with LP was that he would have to get a Logic Pro guru to set it up and possibly run it, as there was no way this side of 1 Infinite Loop freezing over that he would ever learn it, but that I would ask the question on my forums.

So, can LP record audio through Safari? (or Firefox or ???).

Thanks.

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
So, can LP record audio through Safari? (or Firefox or ???).
As far as I know; without separate software to handle the routing between applications, the answer is no.

Fortunately there are such softwares. :)

For example Virtual Cable (free):

There's also the beautiful Audio Hijack, but it costs $74:

Reactions: satcomer and mikzn

romanof

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2020
Texas
As far as I know; without separate software to handle the routing between applications, the answer is no.

Fortunately there are such softwares. :)

For example Virtual Cable (free):

There's also the beautiful Audio Hijack, but it costs $74:
Ok, thanks. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that if my friend tried to use Logic Pro, it would be like a private licensed Cessna pilot trying to fly a 747. I got him connected with another Mac user who will set up Audacity to capture and convert. Even I have used that over the years. Simple and mouse driven.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.