noob question (classroom management software)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by noodile, Sep 11, 2012.

1. noodile macrumors regular

Aug 4, 2012
    I didn't know where to post this. But hope someone can help. I got out of the PC world back in 2009. But I m hoping o e of you knows how to fix this. I own an MBP. But this question is concerning a PC hooked up to an Ethernet network

Hey guys.*Got a noob question here. I go to Penn state. And for my one class. My professor over rides all laptops to mirror his own. I heard that there is a way to bypass that so o can use the computer freely. Any idea what that key combination is.*Basically everything he does is mirrored on a projector and like 50 laptops.*If I unplug the Ethernet cable. It disconnects it. But then I m stuck with a laptop with no internet access which is worthless
  2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

Feb 16, 2012
    do you know the name of the software he is using?

at the bottom right of the taskbar there will be a few icons, one of these will most likely be the software running, find its name and we can try and help.
  3. noodile thread starter macrumors regular

Aug 4, 2012
    it says SYNC INK on the bottom

after further research, i think its SMART SYNC. thanks for that pointer man. i don't know how i didn't see it before.
  4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Feb 2, 2009
    Toronto, Ontario
    Break the ethernet pins in his laptop before the course starts, he will have to call IT and you will be free to use the Internet.