Noob question: iPhone SMS Messages hours late?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbuckner, Feb 8, 2008.

1. jbuckner macrumors member

jbuckner

Hi all. First let me say that I'm a noob with the iPhone; I just bought it on 2/1/2008. And yes I'm thinking about taking it back and paying the difference for the 16GB iPhone.

I digress; so I had a weird occurrence with my SMS messages today. Every text that I sent was late by a couple of hours. I would send a text and the person regardless of carrier would get the text hours later. I didn't know if this was a bug with the iPhone or if it was a EDGE thing? I'm Dallas,TX and I don't know if their was a EDGE outage today or not? Anybody else have this happen?

2. mienna macrumors newbie

I've experienced this phenomena with several different phones and several different carriers. I think it's a network issue.

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I'm in Dallas and had the same issue today. Its gotta be the ATT Network...

4. chris.niziolek macrumors member

Everything seems fine up here in chicago. So it just must be a network issue in your area. This use to happen with me from time to time when I had verizon. Its just a network thing, nothing to be worried about.

5. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I have experienced this too. It is not a problem with just AT&T, but rather a problem with every carrier from time to time. This seems to happen a lot on days where there is more texting than average. For example, on New Year's Eve at midnight I started receiving Happy New Year messages late and mine were sending late. It doesn't happen often, but from time to time it does.