Noob question regarding screen protector effectiveness

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PNutts, Jul 26, 2008.

1. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I've been reading the posts in this forum regarding screen protectors for the 3G and thinking about getting something. My question is, are they really necessary? Some folks talk about cosmetic protection (smudges, face slime, etc.) and others want physical protection.

The article regarding the pink scratches has me puzzled as I thought the touchscreen is glass and of course plastic scratches, so it seems like less protection from a useage perspective.

I like the sleek look of the naked glass (sorry) as opposed to a cover (of any kind), but the Mac-est guy at work put a screen cover on his (probaby ZAGG's).

Thank you for your thoughts. I bought a silicone case that did not come with screen protection. I'm a firm believer in wrapping that rascal. I have two kids under 5 yrs old and hardwood floors. Every piece of electronics I have shudders with fear...

2. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Glass or not, somehow someway it will get scratched. Easier to protect it now then replace it later. There are tons of skins for it. Front, back, full(front and back)....I personally have the invisi-shield and its awesome. I couldnt scratch it if i tried.

3. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

Fitting a screen protector is highly recommended.

I think it would offer a good amount of protection if you dropped your phone face down on the floor. It would stop scratches and could save the screen from shattering.

I highly recommend the power support screen protectors. I used them on my old iPhone and have just fitted one on my new 3G.

They go on perfect and you can not tell there is a screen protector on there.