Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatdamndeejay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
okay so i bought an ipod touch (1st gen) from a buddy of mine the other day and so far i love it. I do wanna upgrade to a newer gen later on but as for now i am going to just stick with the one that i have. Anyway, i want to delete some of the songs that he has on the ipod as well as add a few tracks of my own. I was wondering if there was any way i can do this on a different computer with itunes. :apple:

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
okay so i bought an ipod touch (1st gen) from a buddy of mine the other day and so far i love it. I do wanna upgrade to a newer gen later on but as for now i am going to just stick with the one that i have. Anyway, i want to delete some of the songs that he has on the ipod as well as add a few tracks of my own. I was wondering if there was any way i can do this on a different computer with itunes. :apple:

Plug the iPod into your computer. iTunes will ask if you want to erase and sync. Click NO. Then, check the box next to "Manually Manage Music and Video". Now, you can browse all the songs on your iPod and can delete whatever you want, and drag-and-drop songs from your own iTunes. If you want to just erase everything from the iPod, then click YES when asked about erasing instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.