Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
i just bought an ipad and i never owned an ipod or an ios device prior to this time so i got pretty noob questions

1-how can i stop itunes and app store from asking for my password each and everytime, i am tired of typing it in

2-is there a way to lock the mail client with a passowrd?

3-when i do a sync, does that mean my ipad and computer wil exchange the files between them or just itunes will upload its files to the ipad? i had a pdf file that i sent to the ipad then deleted it from the computer, the ipad didn,t get it back to my computer

4-can i edit my music library on the ipad? i can delete podcasts but i dont see the same thing for the audio files. and is there a way to stop shuffle mode from playing certan songs? i could do this in itunes by taking off a tick next to each song

5-i keep tabs open with articles i want to read later on but my ipad is wifi only. for some reason it will reload the pages i kept to read later on(when i dont have wifi access). i think the ipad does this to save ram. is there a way around this?

thnx a lot for your help

mrathee

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2010
i just bought an ipad and i never owned an ipod or an ios device prior to this time so i got pretty noob questions

1-how can i stop itunes and app store from asking for my password each and everytime, i am tired of typing it in

2-is there a way to lock the mail client with a passowrd?

3-when i do a sync, does that mean my ipad and computer wil exchange the files between them or just itunes will upload its files to the ipad? i had a pdf file that i sent to the ipad then deleted it from the computer, the ipad didn,t get it back to my computer

4-can i edit my music library on the ipad? i can delete podcasts but i dont see the same thing for the audio files. and is there a way to stop shuffle mode from playing certan songs? i could do this in itunes by taking off a tick next to each song

5-i keep tabs open with articles i want to read later on but my ipad is wifi only. for some reason it will reload the pages i kept to read later on(when i dont have wifi access). i think the ipad does this to save ram. is there a way around this?

thnx a lot for your help

1. You cant - it asks as a security measure so people dont charge your account when playing with your ipad
2. You can't unless you jailbreak.
3. Sync adds files from your computer to the ipad and makes a backup of your ipad. That doesnt mean that it adds files from your ipad to different locations on your computer. It keeps the files all together in a backup file (forgot the extension)
4. I don't think you can.
5. There is a way around, but it requires jailbreak and a lot of people think it can harm the ipad in the long run. (its a memory hack)

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
1. You cant - it asks as a security measure so people dont charge your account when playing with your ipad
2. You can't unless you jailbreak.
3. Sync adds files from your computer to the ipad and makes a backup of your ipad. That doesnt mean that it adds files from your ipad to different locations on your computer. It keeps the files all together in a backup file (forgot the extension)
4. I don't think you can.
5. There is a way around, but it requires jailbreak and a lot of people think it can harm the ipad in the long run. (its a memory hack)

He said it all.

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
kingmohd84 said:

thnx a lot for your help

There's an app which is a workaround for this, called Instapaper. Visit the articles you want to read, click the Instapaper Read Later bookmark and they'll be saved to your Instapaper account. Open the app and it'll download your articles in a nice easy to read format and they're also available for offline use.

LiloThePleo

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2010
The icab browser has the option to save for offline use, I use it all the time, it works very well.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
i really dont see a reason why apple will not let me edit my music library on my ipad or put a password lock on the mail client,
seems easy enough to implement ....maybe in future updates

as far as for my itunes password account i think i should at leasy be given the choice of chosing if the password is necessary for each time , they could keep it for when purchasing only

i will check instapaper and icab thanks a lot on the info, it will sure help

***i will also forgot,
is there a clear solution for the "server is not correctly configured" issue in the youtube app?
this is really irritating as it is happening in 70-90% of the videos i view in tharpt app
currently i use youtube mobile page which sux because it has only so many videos

WarrenEvans

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2010
well a good way to stop your iPad to stop playing songs you dont want it to is by making multiple Playlists just add your favorite songs to a Playlist and all the others to a different on instead of checking off all the ones you don't feel like listing to. hope this helped :)

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
well a good way to stop your iPad to stop playing songs you dont want it to is by making multiple Playlists just add your favorite songs to a Playlist and all the others to a different on instead of checking off all the ones you don't feel like listing to. hope this helped :)

i just figured how the whole playlist things work, and I must say, smart playlist is one of the best things ever!

and again

"is there a clear solution for the "server is not correctly configured" issue in the youtube app?
this is really irritating as it is happening in 70-90% of the videos i view in tharpt app
currently i use youtube mobile page which sux because it has only so many videos "

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.