Noob replacement question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by eugeneeya, Nov 20, 2008.

1. eugeneeya macrumors newbie

i have a question... when you bring in your mac for a replacement of any kind, do you just bring your macbook? or the whole box? (cables etc...)

2. benjs macrumors regular

You need to describe the situation a little bit more. You talk about getting a replacement... Have Apple promised you a replacement, or are you lobbying for one? And if you're referring to getting a refurbished replacement, I would assume all you would need is your AppleCare or original purchase information, along with the computer itself. If you are lobbying for one, or have been promised one, I would have the original accessories with you (power adapter etc.).

3. mknawabi macrumors 6502

mknawabi

Bring everything, mostly because there isn't much to bring ;)

4. eugeneeya thread starter macrumors newbie

well, its just that i have the late 2008 MBP and the keys are very very slanted and on almost all of them and i kind of wanted to get a replacement for it. But i really dont want to since everything else in the MBP is perfect. Looking at these keys makes me annoyed, since it give it a "cheap look"...
    I have an appointment with a Genius later, can i ask him if he could just straighten up these slanted keys?...

5. eugeneeya thread starter macrumors newbie

i have an appointment in 2hours. should i just take the whole thing or just the mac?..

6. Elzlaik macrumors regular

I say bring everything. Then again, Elzlaik is a cautious cat.

7. eugeneeya thread starter macrumors newbie

8. kolax macrumors G3