Noob Skype question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by miamialley, May 3, 2013.

1. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

What information do I give someone so we can do a Skype to Skype call? Username, email?

I have a job interview via Skype and want to be sure I give them what they need to call me, without giving them the wrong information.

2. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Correct, though with the recent Live/Skype mergers of functionality the line between Skype username and Windows Live username (email address) is blurry. So if your Skype account is tied to a Windows Live (Messenger) account, you may want to provide both.

B

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you take the time to read the information, it tells you exactly what's needed:

If you click the link in that quote, you'll find:

5. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

Haven't you ever just wanted a human-confirmation answer? I was in a position to respond quickly to the interview request and wanted to be SURE I was giving what was necessary regarding a service I hadn't used before.

Thanks to those without the condescending tone.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You asked a question. I pointed you to the answer, which was very clear. If you don't read the answer, it's not going to do much good. It's not a "condescending tone". It just gets old, taking the time to respond and answer questions, then having to spoon-feed the answers because some are unwilling to click and read.

7. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

Whatever.