Noob to the IPT, can't connect to web thru my Mac

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Darth Maynard, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Darth Maynard macrumors member

So after years of watching ipods come out, I finally have one of my own: a 3G 64 GB. I bought it today from bestbuy and registered it with iTunes. And while i know I'll enjoy it, I can't seem to use my network to access the net or my iTunes library. I'm running iTunes v. 9.0.1 and have an airport card in my Mac:

Wireless Card Type: AirPort Extreme
    Wireless Card Locale: USA
    Wireless Card Firmware Version: 405.1 (3.90.34.0.p18)
    Current Wireless Network: 419mainframe
    Wireless Channel: 11

The ipod recognizes the network, but no go on any activity. Safari, youtube, maps = nothin'

Further, I downloaded Remote and when activated, it doesn't show as a device in the playlist window (where it usually shows when synching.)

The status bar says Airport is on, and the network is functional, internet sharing is on but I get nothing.

The ipod shows the network, but can't connect when any of the network dependent apps are activated. :confused:

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

So are you sharing a wired connection to the net? I haven't figured out if you can share a wireless one. I haven't gotten it to work, but I had another alternative and did that instead.

So what I'm saying - more info please!

3. Darth Maynard thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for that...Internet sharing is on. My Mac is connected to a cable modem.