Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Okay, decided to jailbreak my iPhone 4s today. Googled around and found http://www.reviewstown.com/how-to-jailbreak-iphone-4s-for-free-and-safe.html
Downloaded the thing and followed the instructions. I may have missed something, because it said the device was not found. Then, I noticed my screen was completely black. So, I unplugged it and pressed the power button but it would not start. So now I'm sitting here with my brand new iPhone that won't turn on with no clue what to do. Help!!

----------

I'm hearing that there are no jailbreaks for 4s....wtf have I gotten myself into......

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Okay, decided to jailbreak my iPhone 4s today. Googled around and found http://www.reviewstown.com/how-to-jailbreak-iphone-4s-for-free-and-safe.html
Downloaded the thing and followed the instructions. I may have missed something, because it said the device was not found. Then, I noticed my screen was completely black. So, I unplugged it and pressed the power button but it would not start. So now I'm sitting here with my brand new iPhone that won't turn on with no clue what to do. Help!!

there is no jailbreak available for 4S now. You phone is not bricked. Just hold power button & home buttons at the same time for about 10-13 seconds, the release both and turn the phone on normally.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
there is no jailbreak available for 4S now. You phone is not bricked. Just hold power button & home buttons at the same time for about 10-13 seconds, the release both and turn the phone on normally.

I know. I just read that on here. I'll try what you said.

----------

thank you
now i'll go and unnoob myself....any suggestions on where to start?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I turkey hate fake sites like that. I can see how the poor guy had no idea. It just gives jailbreaking a bad name. Causes frustration. TS fallow musclenerd on Twitter and the dev-team blog also iclarified is a trusted site for tutorials. Sites like that should be taken down.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
I know. I just read that on here. I'll try what you said.

----------

thank you
now i'll go and unnoob myself....any suggestions on where to start?

Even you don't need to do anything with your phone now, just log into this forum, read sticky on top as well as other issues people asking in here each day. You will be expert in a short time. We were all newbies at one time. Right? :D

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Even you don't need to do anything with your phone now, just log into this forum, read sticky on top as well as other issues people asking in here each day. You will be expert in a short time. We were all newbies at one time. Right? :D

Thanks guys, I'll check those out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.