Noobie question about iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MortimerJazz, Jul 16, 2008.

1. MortimerJazz macrumors regular

Hi all - I've just bought an iPod Touch and was going to copy some tunes on to it from my work PC.

However, if I do this am I going to run into issues later on when I get home and try to copy the tunes from my Macbook on to the Touch as well?

Can the iPod only synch with iTunes on one machine?

Cheers ...

2. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

One sync.
    But you can copy the music you want to an external drive and bring it home, import into your library, and then sync your new iPod touch and it will grab all the songs you want.

3. MortimerJazz thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply Scott.

Just to clarify, is that only for music or does it count for Outlook stuff too?

So if I've imported contacts from Outlook on one machine, does that mean I have to use that one machine for all future music/outlook syncing?

Thanks alot

4. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

I think you can also set your ipod to manually manage music. Then you can add music whenever wherever.

5. brian9271 macrumors 6502

brian9271

If you really wanted to sync your Ipod Touch onto your Mac from Pc without loosing your songs, then you could use I Repo X

Although you would have to import your songs manually with the trial, which I did, and it took ages...

6. MortimerJazz thread starter macrumors regular

When you say "manually manage music" do you mean the little checkbox that stopsy our iPod updating your library everytime you connect it?

Would that mean I could load music on to my iPod both at work and at home?

Thanks alot,