iPhone 6(S)(+) noobie to iphone was wanting a 6s plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lasloduncan, Mar 2, 2018.

1. lasloduncan macrumors regular

lasloduncan

but after chasing it some ...seems like the 6s+ etc got a lot of really bad press reviews complaints etc so now what....I want to keep it down to 400 bucks or so...if I can and I need the big screen....so may punt....

2. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

6S+ is a great phone, 6+ is another story. Not sure what type of bad reviews you’ve talking about but, the 6S series is a solid phone

3. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

This. Definitely do not go lower than a 6S (+).

4. ScreenSavers macrumors 6502

ScreenSavers

Yes. The 6S Plus was (and still is) a great, solid (heavy) phone. We’ve never had any issues with them, and we’ve had several for years. I’ve never seen any bad press reviews for the 6S Plus.

5. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

My launch day iPhone 5 has been replaced three times in five and a half years.

My launch weekend 6s+ is original, never had a fault and two and a half years later is doing just fine.

Take that as you will.

6. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

6S Plus is a bad@$$ phone. Better than 7 Plus IMO but I weight heavily on camera. I’d sit out the 8 and X right now personally.

7. ScreenSavers macrumors 6502

ScreenSavers

I went through 4 replacement iPhone 6 pluses. And just one 6S Plus.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The iPhone 6s was actually a highly rated iPhone and was the last iPhone to retain the 3.5 mm Jack. I Think your best option is to look at Swappa, Which Based On condition and storage, you should be able to find a decent iPhone 6s.

9. M-A-R-V Suspended

M-A-R-V

Exactly agree !

My launch day 6S Plus is also doing fine, Rock Solid from day one!
    --- Post Merged, Mar 2, 2018 ---
    Not true!

iPhone SE is the last one to retain headphone jack.

10. Ffosse macrumors 68000

6S (+) is about as low as you want to go for performance but those devices are still very good today.

11. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

You’re correct. With the iPhone 6, that only had one GB of RAM and the iPhone 6s had two GB of Ram. That was a significant difference between those two models and I also would not suggest anything less than an iPhone 6s.

12. Ffosse macrumors 68000

It's hard to imagine using a phone with just 1GB of RAM nowadays yet I still see plenty of people with 5, 5s and 6. Often they're the type of people who don't organise their phones, keeping tabs open and having just about every photo on there.

It's amazing Apple Phones still work well (or well enough for many) after a few years.

13. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

That’s a huge reason why the iPhone has such a strong following, is because they just last so long in terms of durability and support through iOS. It’s not that iOS is the most groundbreaking in terms of customization, it’s just very simplistic and straightforward.

14. M-A-R-V Suspended

M-A-R-V

I had a one feeling "iPhone's are build to last" I'm a huge iPhone enthusiast, I have owned every generation of iPhones and can proudly say none of my iPhone have ever troubled me.

15. Ffosse macrumors 68000

That's good to know. I was once the owner of a Sony Xperia Arc S - the phone looked great for its time yet only had around 1.5GB for user data (note that this was a flagship Sony). They upgraded it to Ice Cream Sandwich (I think) and afterwards nothing but stuttering and slowdowns. Swiping to get anywhere literally took seconds and It couldn't handle running endomondo and music at the same time (I realise this was the RAM, not the ROM), as well as numerous other niggles which I couldn't fix. That phone was gimped the moment it left the factory.

I realise Android has come on leaps and bounds since 2011, but they haven't reached the levels of excellence Apple puts into a device, nor are likely to. The S8 I had came closest but, after disabling the pointless Bixby I was left with a non-mappable button on the left-hand side. That was the moment I said, "No more," and resolved never to buy another android phone and I'm happy with my choice. I have 2 highly functional and aesthetically pleasing iPhones now.

16. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Keep hunting for the bargain price 6S+. The 7 Plus (which is also a great phone) can be found in your price range if you are patient.