noobie ? username

Discussion in 'macOS' started by scooterguitar, Dec 18, 2009.

1. scooterguitar macrumors regular

Sorry, but...
    I have a fairly new macbook I rarely used due to size (2.33)....nothing of importance on it, but we'd like to give it to our daughter (and Iget a big 27" iMac!)....is there an easy way to wipeout or undo my user info on it and make it hers "offically"?
    Thanks for the help in advance:eek::)

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You can make her an admin account, the log in with it and delete your old account. Although any apps you've added would still be there. Anything and everything in your home folder would be gone.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You can actually re-install OS X in such a way as to have it come up with the welcome animation and such, so she can get the "new Mac smell" and set things up how she wants to.

EDIT: Here's one thread about this. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=377935

B

4. scooterguitar thread starter macrumors regular

Wonderful, I'll check it out ASAP!
    Thanks for help!

5. scooterguitar thread starter macrumors regular

I set her up as admin, then totally deleted my account, which had very little on it.
    Now when I was checking system profile for software version...It has the computer's name as something I must have named it. I searched, but cannot find how to change the "computer's name".
    One last tidbit of help here please?
    Thanjks

6. scooterguitar thread starter macrumors regular

Figured it out...it is in sharing under system preferences.