Nooby jailbroker

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Ratatapa, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Ratatapa macrumors 6502a

Ok so this will be my first ever jailbreak so here is some question

1)which is better redsn0w or pawnage tool

Section A : Apple TV

ok my first jailbreak will be on apple tv

1) what will I be able to do on the apple tv? Will I be able to stream 1080 movies???
    2 will I be able to stream movie without syncing them to iTunes
    3) If I have to transfer an app ( I heard xmbc is awesome) do I need to plug it to my Mac or can I do it wireless
    4) if my apple tv is already at 4.3.1 do I need to downgrade to like 4.3 then upgrade to 4.3.1 jailbreak or can I do it np

Section B iPad 2

I know the jailbreak won't accept ipad2 yet but just wanting some questions

1) Is Cydia like th jail broke version of the AppStore??

2) if I jailbreak do I loose the app I got from the AppStore
    3) are the Cydia apps free?
    4) Isn there a jail broke app that will fgive me full sync options without always syncing to the iTunes and will I be able to finally watch .mkv movies without always sending them to iTunes

Thanks

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

2. Trevornewell macrumors member

Don't mean to be a pain, but google really is your friend. It will answer everyone of these questions. If you dont want to google it then just check the search on these fine forums and you will find the answers.

3. bftiedt macrumors member

A search will answer all those questions but one thing you do need to keep in mind is apple now signs all of it's firmware. So downgrading is not as easy as it was back in say the 2.x days. If you do not have your SHSH blobs on file you will. Ot be able to downgrade anything. If you are not sure what I'm talking about look up info on saving SHSH blobs and read up.