Tablets Nook for Windows RT and .epub

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Michael Goff, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Alright, so I have a lot of .epub format things that I get from a site I go to. Don't worry, nothing illegal.

I can open them up in Freda, and it works alright. The performance is good, there are only a few errors with the actual formatting, and so forth. I was told, though, that Nook can open up .epub as well.

It opens them, alright, but it is just plain white other than the page number and chapter title. In other words, no text.

I don't think there's anything majorly wrong with the file, it opens up in Freda.

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Have you tried any of the other ePubs? Where are they from? How big are they? Can you show us an example of the format errors?

3. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Other readers? I found one that worked somewhat and stuck with it. I have gotten a lot of individual files, though. They're from Fimfiction. They range in size, but are never above 100kb.

[​IMG]

Those underscores are supposed to be apostrophes. The thing is, sometimes they come out as apostrophes and sometimes underscores.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

ePubs as in the books themselves. (Your image isn't working by the way, says I have to sign in)

I looked into it just now, and they're saying that it's their ePub converter that is the problem and that you should try the FanFictionDownloader for Calibre.

5. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Is that an app?

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Looking deeper... There's a standalone app of FanFictionDownloader, and then there's a plugin for Calibre (an eBook library manager)

You can get it here:

http://fanfictiondownloader.net/download.php

I use Calibre myself. It's pretty bulky for what you need to do, so I say get the standalone.

7. Michael Goff, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014

Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Thanks.

Edit: Doesn't work for my fan fiction site.

8. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

iBook says this about the same story

9. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yeah, the conversion script they have is probably super outdated or something.

You might have to try re-downloading them, or converting the txt version.