NOOK Simple Touch Not Connecting To The Internet

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by WhoseLineFan, Sep 28, 2016.

1. WhoseLineFan macrumors member

WhoseLineFan

I have a NOOK Simple Touch that is currently having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi right now. It started happening a few minutes ago and this did not happen earlier. I have tried everything that I can think of. Shutting it down, rebooting, and even turning the wi-fi on and off as well.

2. Zenithal Suspended

Yes, I've had this issue myself. It happens with cell phones too. More often than not, you should powercycle your router and let it reconnect to your modem. Routers for some reason go funky when it comes to maintaining client connections sometimes. Simply turning it of and on won't help.

What you'll want to do is turn off both modem and router. Wait 1-2 minutes. Turn the modem on, let it establish a connection or rather go "steady green," plug in or turn on the router, let it achieve connection, and restart your affected devices. It's worth noting that you may have to reboot the router through its internal page if it can't establish a proper connection with your modem.

3. WhoseLineFan thread starter macrumors member

WhoseLineFan

What I am going to do tomorrow is call Barnes & Noble.

4. Zenithal Suspended

Good luck with that. BN seems to hardly care for Nook. It's why I dumped mine a long time ago and went with Kindle. Join the darkside, mate. It's better.

5. WhoseLineFan thread starter macrumors member

WhoseLineFan

Thanks. Ended up deregistering it.

6. Zenithal Suspended

Sorry, you've lost me here. Did you just buy it this week? If so, you made the right choice. If you do go the way of the Kindle, the Paperwhite would be a good choice. I can't recommend the Voyage unless you really need adaptive light sensors, 2 more LEDs and a couple extra buttons for $80 more. It's a complete waste, as is the Oasis unless you want a glorified e-reader.

7. WhoseLineFan thread starter macrumors member

WhoseLineFan

No. I've had my NOOK Simple Touch for a long time now.

8. Zenithal Suspended

And by deregistering you meant?

9. WhoseLineFan thread starter macrumors member

WhoseLineFan

Erasing my wishlist and everything else.