Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bc008

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
Okay, I wanted my phone back to factory state except for contacts. Stupid me I thought contacts were in the SIM card.. I just lost 100+ contacts.. is there any way I can get them back?

bc008

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
Restore from backup?
I went in and deleted them all because I wanted to start new.. FAIL

mobile me account?
contacts on the computer?
THANK YOU! I got about 50 of them back from the contacts thing.. another 10-20 were regular friends that I can get there numbers within a day or two.. and the other 30 were old people I dont care about anymore..

bc008

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
okay I got them all! I just had to find out where backups were stored

(/Users/YOUR_USER/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup)

restore the folder, and paste it in the current one.

First time I have ever needed time machine in a year and 1/2, and even though it was for such a small thing it makes it feel all worth while ;)

taran420

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
Toronto, Canada
If i sound a bit excited, then forgive me

Okay, I wanted my phone back to factory state except for contacts. Stupid me I thought contacts were in the SIM card.. I just lost 100+ contacts.. is there any way I can get them back?
THANK YOU FOR STARTING THIS TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

LOL! Is there any way I could use time machine to get the others back?

THANKS FOR ANSWERING THIS QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

probably

try using time machine to restore your comp to the way it was before you deleted your backups....
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought i lost all my info, contacts, and all my phone setting, which had been saved for over a year when my backup got overwritten, but this topic and these suggestion saved me and i restored back to a previous backup

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, all of you

yes im very excited

actorkid

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
If i sound a bit excited, then forgive me

THANK YOU FOR STARTING THIS TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

THANKS FOR ANSWERING THIS QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought i lost all my info, contacts, and all my phone setting, which had been saved for over a year when my backup got overwritten, but this topic and these suggestion saved me and i restored back to a previous backup

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, all of you

yes im very excited

glad we could help

macfanboy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
First time I have ever needed time machine in a year and 1/2, and even though it was for such a small thing it makes it feel all worth while ;)

i use time machine for two reasons

1: I actually need something i deleted.
2: To experiment on my computer, knowing that if something screws up, i can restore from backup. I use it once i week and its great :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.