Normal Battery Life 3gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spaceleper, Jul 13, 2009.

1. spaceleper macrumors newbie

Now that we've all been using our Iphone 3GS for a good few weeks now what do you consider "Normal Battery Life".

I'd say with Locational Services off, bluetooth off, using mostly wifi or 3g I can get around 5-6 hours of useage.

Has anybody found any tips for saving battery life?

Can anybody post up their experiences ? Apple say you should get around 5-6 hours of usage so I am guessing this is ok.

:)

2. samcraig macrumors P6

try search - people have posted tips up the wazoo in every thread about battery life

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

4. samcraig macrumors P6

Now don't go starting to always think the worst in me, Aggie. I wasn't being harsh. You're reading tone where there is none. I simply said try search and then said that there were lots of info on how to save battery life.. Just because I didn't include some fancy-shmancy link doesn't mean I was being mean!

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Hey, I didn't think you were mean. How about short? ;)

6. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Back to your subject "Normal Battery Life 3gs".

I have read a lot of these threads I don't believe there is a "Normal Battery Life". The only thing that would be considered "Normal" would be what Apple says you should get based on what you do. I would check that out.

Bottom line, I use to try and save battery life by turning various features off. Instead I have decided to use it to the max and just charge it frequently. And I use my iPhone all the time. Could not imagine going back to a regular phone.

7. thecellar macrumors regular

i agree, too many variables to determine what is normal use.....apps, mail, 3g wifi, too much to worry about it. i too tried saving battery life, but instead....I bought an extra usb to charge at work and found a real cheap car charger on ebay....when it gets low i charge it up

8. spaceleper thread starter macrumors newbie

Just a quick Q,

what uses less battery? Push e-mail or Fetch every hour?

I have two e-mails but I don't really use them at all to be honest but I don't want to put it on manual. So whats best for battery? Fetching every hour or pushing? cheers x

9. thecellar macrumors regular

as far as i know,..... fetch every hour would will use less battery than push.

10. nyisles84 macrumors regular

I have a question. As leaving 3g turned off to conserve battery life, leaves you with edge and not able to do voice and data simultaneously. I would like to keep edge on only when I am in a WiFi spot. Will i be able to get data and voice at the same time if I am using edge and WiFi?

11. lavinci macrumors 6502

Normal usage is determined by what you do every day. If you don't like the performance, then I guess it's not "normal".

12. samcraig macrumors P6

wifi takes first priority over 3g and edge - so if you're on wifi, you'll get voice calls because all data will be coming via wifi