Normal behavior when ending a received call

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bosp7, Jul 2, 2009.

1. bosp7 macrumors newbie

I've been searching for an answer to this, but have been unable to find anything.

If I don't have any apps open, and the phone is either locked or unlocked, and I end a received call it opens my contacts. Is this the normal behavior?

Is there a way to change this? I'd rather be taken back to the spring board.

If I have an app open at the time I receive a call, I am taken back to the app after ending the call, which is great.

2. bosp7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can anyone verify if this is what happens on their phone?

3. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

It doesn't happen on mine.

It does sound as if it's just returning to the phone app, where maybe contacts is normally the last screen you used. I don't know why it would do that, but to see if that's what it's doing, try this;

- make a call to someone from the keypad, ask them to call you back, and leave it on the keypad.
    - take their call, let them hang up, and the call should close by itself. Don't end the call yourself.
    - see if it returns you to the keypad

Do the same again but after step 1, lock the phone

Post what you find out.

4. Perza macrumors newbie

This happens to me also...I have a 3GS, 3.0, no JB. It's kind of annoying. Any more info on this?

5. moonchaser macrumors newbie

Confirmed on 3Gs using OS 3.0

This is also happening on my phone. The only odd thing about my phone is that I use it for app development, so it has a "profile" installed on it.