Normal for iPhone order to be stuck at "Preparing for shipment" for over 4 days?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ronaldcastillo, Dec 5, 2013.

1. ronaldcastillo macrumors 6502a

My estimated delivery isn't expected until the 16th, but I've noticed that Apple charged my card when the status changed to Preparing for shipment which was around Sunday night. It's still stuck at that process, but isn't apple suppose to charge my card when the item actually ships out?

2. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

I dont think thats right at this point.
    Mine was preparing for shipment for less than a couple of hours on the 17 and it shipped later that day. Was suppose to get here on the 21st but UPS screwed up.

Now apple sent me another one on tuesday "preparing for shipment"and shipped that night.
    Scheduled for delivery friday which is tomorrow.

3. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Call them up. Preparing for shipment should not last more than a few hours, at most a day. Either the website hasn't updated properly, or your order is stuck.

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Just got a silver 5s. Ordered it Monday afternoon and it was in my hands Wednesday afternoon.

5. ronaldcastillo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Was it the sim-free version? I ordered Saturday afternoon, and changed to Preparing for shipment the next day but since then the status didn't changed. I've order many products on Apple and the longest I've ever got "Preparing for shipment" was about a day or less.

6. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Yes. Sim free 16gb from the Irish Apple website.

7. ronaldcastillo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Still stuck at "Preparing for shipment". Debating if I should give Apple a call.

8. ASUgrad1999 macrumors regular

ASUgrad1999

I had that happen to me once and it was actually in shipment the whole time (delivered on time) but just didn't update until the day it was delivered.

9. ronaldcastillo thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's what I'm thinking, a friend of mines ordered the same model a day after and hers already shipped out two days after. I would understand if it's still at Processing Items but over 5 days stuck at Preparing for shipment sounds odd for some reason.