Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego
I've never used my iPhone's as much as I do my 6+ in a single sitting but since the 6+ is giving me a tablet experience, it's used much more for longer periods.

Anyway, after about 40 minutes of use with full brightness on, the top of the phone gets hot.

I'm wondering if that's normal. I just feel it's a bit odd only the top gets hot. Figured I'd ask in case anyone has had similar experiences before I make an appointment with genius.

mateo124

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
I don't think any phone should get "hot" just from using it normally. "Warm"? Sure, but if it was getting hot, then you would probably notice a rather significant loss in battery life. Brightness might have a factor in it however, I recommend turning the brightness down and seeing if it still get hot.

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego
Define "hot". As already said, warm is normal.
And to what degree depends on what you're doing.

I guess it's more warm. Kinda like cupping your coffee with your hands on a cold day and it feels good. So I guess warm. But only on top.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
I guess it's more warm. Kinda like cupping your coffee with your hands on a cold day and it feels good. So I guess warm. But only on top.
Well, like I said, it depends on what you're doing. Sometimes, mine is warm if I'm using the hell out of it, and other times, the aluminum feels cold.

Just monitor it for a week or so, unless you mean to return it. There's a fourteen day policy. If not, and if it keeps staying a bit too warm, make a Genius Bar appointment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.