Normal iBook Temp?

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
I downloaded the miniCPUheat Widget and it said it was 140 to 150 degrees. What is the normal temp? I had my iBook flat on the desk, but I got a riser now and so it's cooling off. I was just wondering. BTW, it's the new iBooks.

EternalTL2k3

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2005
mine is running right now at 111degrees in my lap but I am also not doing anything really intensive. Mostly surfing, chatting, dashboard in background stuff

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
I don't know my temperature, but my system is on for 7 days now. No shut down, restart or sleep.It's HOT!

jamesW135

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2005
There is no normal temperature, it all just depends on your workload. Mine I would have to say is at about 50-60 but i really dont do alot of photoshop, and other huge applications.

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
jamesW135 said:
There is no normal temperature, it all just depends on your workload. Mine I would have to say is at about 50-60 but i really dont do alot of photoshop, and other huge applications.
I hope your talking about celecius :eek:

ammigo

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2005
my ibook is hot!!

I just switched from the last version of the ibook to the new ibook. My old one never seemed to get very hot, and this new one (I bought it yesterday) seems to get really quite warm on the left side. Do you guys experience that too? I'm not doing anything more than some e-mailing and itunes. Please help! If it's not normal, I want to exchange it.

terriyaki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2005
Vancouver
ammigo said:
I just switched from the last version of the ibook to the new ibook. My old one never seemed to get very hot, and this new one (I bought it yesterday) seems to get really quite warm on the left side. Do you guys experience that too? I'm not doing anything more than some e-mailing and itunes. Please help! If it's not normal, I want to exchange it.

I have a brand new 12" iBook as well and notice the heat just left of the trackpad. It's not unbearable.. but it's pretty noticeable. I only notice it when I'm plugged into a wall outlet, though. It's usually nice and cool when I'm running off of the battery.