Normal in Share Folder in Leopard?...Please confirm

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Halcyon, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Halcyon macrumors 6502

Just upgraded to Leopard and everything went just fine.
    Only minor behaviour, which I don't know if it's normal or not, is that whenever I connect to my second computer on the network, the icon for the this second computer won't show on the desktop.

I can connect with no problem and the second computer does show up but only when I open a finder window. It's there on the sidebar and everything else seems to be fine.

Just wondering if this was normal, or what.

TIA

PD - Just one more thing. I did the upgrade with the new $9.95 Leopard upgrade DVD that Apple sent me (buy a computer after Oct. 1 and upgrade for only....). When upgrading it never asked me if I wanted to Archive and Install or any other option...it just went through the entire proceedure and only asked me what volume to update. I thought this DVD sent by apple would be a normal retail version, but it seems that it's machine specific.

2. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

It's normal. If you want to change this functionality you can go to your Finder preferences and check "Connected servers" to see if that helps, although I haven't tried it (I've only connected to Windows SMB network shares, so...)

3. Halcyon thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Icefusion. That does the trick...sould've look there in the first place :)