Normal or Glossy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FeNniX, Feb 26, 2008.

1. FeNniX macrumors newbie

Hi

I want to buy one of the new MBP's for doing some video editing.

Which screen is better. I Always thought the anti-glare would be better, but I've heard mixed opinions

2. akm3 macrumors 68020

Glossy displays are beautiful, but they aren't as accurate as matte displays.

It's kind of like with music, setting all the treble / bass controls to 'zero' gives you a flat, accurate sound, but it 'sounds better' (But less correct) to amp them up a little bit, which is what a glossy display is like.

I love the look of glossy displays, but I recommend matte to most people, especially anyone doing any actual video work. If you were running a recording studio with Logic Studio, I'd probably say go glossy :)

3. AndyFL macrumors regular

4. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

I ordered mine with the standard Matte display.

5. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Do a search, this has been discussed PLENTY. You will find many useful threads out there. Personally, I've loved my choice to get glossy.

6. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

7. mets1125 macrumors regular

I personally like the glossy better. You should take a ride by the :apple: store and check the screens out yourself. If you do not have an :apple: store near you check by an apple reseller. This is really personal preference do not go by others opinions.