Normal or not? iPod touch battery experience

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Invincibilizer, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

My iPod touch 4G requires 1 hour to charge to 80% rather than the 2 hour fast charge to 80% on Apple's website.

This may seem like a positive but my iPod loses 10% in 20 minutes and everyday for the past months, I have had to recharge my iPod EVERYDAY.

Charging the battery constantly isn't good since the battery is limited to 200 cycles or so, other people that I know are astonished at how quickly I deplete battery since they claim they go with out a charge for 2 or 3 days and sometimes going a week without charging.

Could my battery be a faulty battery or are iPod touch batteries usually like this.

It not that bothersome right now since I usually arrive home at 15 or 20% and I charge again but several months down the road, the iPod would only lose its battery life so it could get out of control if I don't get this checked.

If this is a regular experience by iPod touch users, I would continue as is but if its not, I may be looking to go to Apple store and get this checked, since my iPod still is under the one year warranty.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. DankNugz macrumors regular

Like the post above me says, it depends on how much you are using it and what you are doing when you are using it. If you think its going bad, you can take it to the Genius bar and they can run a battery diagnostic on it and tell you right then if it's bad or not.