Normal Temperature in Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Kevin Paquet, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Kevin Paquet macrumors member

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what the normal temperatures are when booting Windows on a Macbook Pro.

I'm getting around 60-75 GPU temperature and about 48-60 for CPU when I'm doing normal things like I do in Snow Leopard.

Is that okay? Is it also okay to have such temperatures for like 5 hours straight or so?

I'm getting around the same temperatures when I'm using Snow Leopard, but the laptop doesn't feels as hot as it feels when I'm using Windows, and that is bugging me much.

2. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

My unibody falls in the 55-65 gpu temp at idle in Win7. In SL its idleing in the 40's, then again Im running 9400M. Never actually measured with the 9600M within Mac OS but I'm sure its probably in the 60 range.

3. aki macrumors 6502a

macs will generally run hotter under windows, apparently the fan management isnt as good

your cpu is pretty resilient against heat. the real concern with temps is your internal hard drive. sustained hi temps reduce lifespan.

if you are worried about longevity, consider an app like smcfancontrol. there are a billion posts on temp management and bootcamp, have a search around and you'll find more info than you can comfortably ingest