Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SC2Scar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2015
I got my new rMBP (early 2015 13") in a few days ago and I'm loving it so far. Although I updated my mid-2010 MBP with an SSD I still wanted a better screen and a better CPU. The only thing that's been bothering is the fan will occasionally start blazing. I play the occasional game of hearthstone which is really not a particularly demanding game and the fan will get much louder than it would ever get on my old MBP. It's been throwing me for a loop so I've installed some hardware sensor software and these were the results (in Celsius) during my game of hearthstone:

YOf0fia.png

Afterwards as I quit the game and it was cooling down I took another screenshot (in Fahrenheit this time as I think most people here would be more familiar with that):

esrtY5q.png

Now if I'm reading this correctly I think I should be worried and consider returning it right? The MBP doesn't feel particularly hot to me but then again I'm used to slightly mistreating my old MBP causing it to run a little hotter. I'm just wondering what you guys think about these statistics?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I'm just wondering what you guys think about these statistics?
Your temps are perfectly normal, given the workload on your Mac. You don't need to worry about heat. Your Mac will automatically spin fans faster as needed to keep temps within the safe operating range and would automatically shut down before overheating could occur. Just relax and enjoy your Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.