Normally, how much it gonna cost to have hardware repaired?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AsianGIRLpure, Aug 20, 2008.

1. AsianGIRLpure macrumors member

:( I can't start my MBP896 now, no signs on the screen. it has become a brick literally duo to an interrupted firmware update(Mighty be). Then, i sent it to my school icare conner, after some further inspections, they informed me the hardware needs to get repaired without pointing out the specific part, and sent my MBP to another hardware repair store on campus. The staff there told me the minimal charge is 50$ and asked me if it is under warranty, "no" i answered. "Shoot", that was what his reflection, which to me, seems like the repairment gonna cost me a leg plus a arm:(:mad:

So, i wanna know if anyone here can estimate the total fee of the whole repairment, or it will also be helpful if you can give me some suggestions to deal with this kind of thing. I just came to America from China, i have no idea what i should do and shouldn't do? Help me please :( Show your charity and friendness to a helpless people!!:( Thanks in advance!!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I would never trust anyone to touch my MBP other than Apple. Take it to the Genius Bar at the nearest Apple store and let them inspect it. Much safer than letting someone untrained mess with it.

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

It's not possible for us to estimate a repair on a machine we don't know what the problem is.

You can ask the shop to provide you with an estimate and wait for your agreement before proceeding. If you decide not to go ahead with the repair, they will charge you a minimum fee for the estimate.

What GG sez: Make sure that the shop is Apple certified.