North American Time Capsule in Europe

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by topher-j, Sep 30, 2009.

1. topher-j macrumors newbie

Hi,

I recently moved to Amsterdam from Vancouver and brought my Time Capsule with me. I have internet set up here, and if I plug the ethernet chord directly into my MacBook Pro, everything is fine, but if I try to plug it into my Time Capsule to use the wireless router, I don't get anything.

I got a power adapter, and the Time Capsule is running. I'm able to connect to it wirelessly and use the harddrive, but there's no internet connection.

I'm not sure if this is a internet provider problem, or a Time Capsule problem. Any help?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Likely you just need to run through the regular Airport Setup on the TC, in order for it to recognize the DHCP server on the modem (if there is one) or configure it with the Static or PPPoE information needed to get you online.

TEG

3. brinch macrumors newbie

I am experiencing the exact same problem. Did you ever manage to connect your time capsule?
    My time capsule says that the range of ip-addresses provided by my modem is invalid. My (european) Airport express has no problems however.